Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Practical 6 - My Dream Holiday

Yunnan - Li Jiang

I adore sceneries, especially the ones that give you a sense of tranquility. Singaporeans lead a very hectic life, thus if I were to go on a holiday, I would prefer somewhere peaceful, preferably on the outskirts of town and Lijiang in Yunnan happens to be one of the ideal places of my dream holiday.


Li Jiang Town


Why? Why Lijiang and not some other developed country? My answer to these questions would be… I feel that going to a developing country gives me more exposure to their one of a kind experience and not to forget about what I have mention above, the tranquil scenery. Lijiang is possibly the best preserved ancient town in China and a country where I can witness and experience a historic and traditional urban culture.

Places of Attraction in Lijiang

Black Dragon Pool



The Black Dragon Pool’s water sparkles like jade and is as clear as spring water. The park is also filled with green grass and shaded by swaying willow trees and under the Shuocui Bridge; a waterfall creates a constant roar as it cascades downstream. I am so awe by these breathtaking and tranquil sceneries

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain



The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain resides at 15 kilometers north of Lijiang town, this magnificent snow-capped mountain sprawls 35 kilometers from north to south. It is also a well-known habitat of azaleas and rhododendrons. With the 2968 meters of cable way, tourists will be able to access it easily and enjoy the perpetual snow there. What a resplendent sight!

After all breathtaking pictures, are you at all interested in my Dream Holiday? Drink some water and recollect yourself!

With Lijiang’s breathtaking, picturesque and tranquil sceneries, what more could I ask for? =D

Labels:


11:03 PM